This page provides a brief description and history of the Monasterio San Jerónimo.
Monasterio de San Jerónimo
ADDRESS: Calle del Rector Lopez Argueta 9
+34 958 279 337
4€ (adults), 0€ (children under 10)
10:00 - 13:30; 15:30 - 18:30 (winter) & 16:00 - 19:30 (summer)
This ornate Renaissance monastery was built in the 16th century and has a church, two cloisters and a courtyard.
This richly decorated, Renaissance monastery was built between 1506 and 1522 under the direction of Diego de Siloé. The monastery has two cloisters on either side of a courtyard with orange trees and the church has an ornate altarpiece. The general and statesman Gonzalo Fernández de Córdoba (also known as the Gran Capitan) and his wife are buried here.
There are guided tours on Sundays at 11:00 (7€).
For more information about monuments and museums in Granada, click here.