GRANADA BUS FAQ
This page provides answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the local buses in Granada with information about bus routes, prices, restrictions, etc.
Click on the question to see the answer.
If you have a question that hasn't been answered, please send us an email or contact us via the live chat using the icon in the bottom right-hand corner.
- What bus goes from the bus station to the centre?
- Bus 33 goes from the bus station to the bus stop near the cathedral on the Gran Vía.
- I need to plan my route from my hotel to the conference centre. Is there an app for this?
- Yes, the best app is moovit. You can enter your exact location and destination and it will plan your journey by bus and/or metro.
- Do children have to pay on the bus?
- Children under 4 years old can travel free on all Granada buses.
- Can you buy bus tickets on all the buses?
- You can buy bus tickets on all the buses except on some of the Route 4 buses. The 4 bus route has 31 stops and 19 of these in the centre of Granada have ticket validating machines. If the bus stop has a ticket validating machine, then you must validate your ticket before getting on the bus. If the bus stop does not have a ticket validating machine, you should get on the bus at the front and buy a ticket or validate your ticket on the bus.
- Where can I buy the bonobus or credibus?
- You buy the bonobus on any Granada local bus.
- Where can I get a bus map?
- You can get a bus map from the Transportes Rober office at Acera del Darro 30, Edificio Los Montes Orientales, Local 22. The office is open Monday - Friday (8:00 - 15:00).
- How much does a bonobus cost?
- The bonobus costs the top-up price plus a 2€ deposit which will be returned when you no longer need it.
- How much does a normal bus ticket cost?
- A normal ticket costs 1.40€.
- What is the price of a fare with the bonobus?
- If you validate your bonobus at the ticket validating machine at the bus stop, the cost varies according to the value of the bonobus: 0.87€ for the 5-euro bonobus, 0.85€ for the 10-euro bonobus and 0.83€ for the 20-euro bonobus. However, if you validate your bonobus on the bus, you will always pay the highest fare, i.e. 0.87€.
- My bonobus no longer works. What should I do?
- You should go to the Transportes Rober office at Acera del Darro 30, Edificio Los Montes Orientales, Local 22 and the phone number is +34 958 220 450. The office is open Monday - Friday (8:00 - 15:00). They will replace it for free. However, if the bonobus has been physically damaged, then it will be necessary to buy a new bonobus.
- Can a group of friends or family use the same bonobus?
- Yes. You can use one bonobus for a number of people. You just need to validate the bonobus once for each person.
- Can I get onto the bus in a wheelchair?
- Are there any bonobus discounts for young people or pensioners?
- Yes but only for people registered as Granada residents.
- Are there any bonobus discounts for students?
- Only students at the University of Granada are entitled to a discounted student bonobus.
- Can I take my dog on the bus?
- You can only travel by bus if your dog is in a transport case.
- Can I take my cat on the bus?
- Only cats in transport cases are allowed.
- I left a bag on a bus. Where can I go to find it?
- The lost property office is located in the Transportes Rober office at Acera del Darro 30, Edificio Los Montes Orientales, Local 22 and the phone number is +34 958 220 450. The office is open Monday - Friday (8:00 - 15:00).